- The latest The Word! paper.li/MarySevinsky/1… Thanks to @jasonalba @QuicklyLock @getthatUAE #jobsearch #careers 14 minutes ago
- How to make a career shift when you’re too scared to take the leap fastcompany.com/90432139/how-t… 14 minutes ago
- 60 hours on burning Kangaroo Island nationalgeographic.com/animals/2020/0… 22 hours ago
- The latest The Works! paper.li/MarySevinsky/1… Thanks to @empreshc @VishuddhBhartiy @ACJ_Org_UK 22 hours ago
- The latest The Word! paper.li/MarySevinsky/1… Thanks to @SEO_Exec @ramenbecky @Infosourcer #jobsearch #jobs 1 day ago
Category Archives: General
Dear Colleagues, if you work with injured workers, please share this site a resource for them: http://www.injuredworkerhelpdesk.com/ I “moved” my primary blog activities to the following sites in January: Injured Worker Help Desk Job Search For The Rest Of Us … Continue reading
There are several different kinds of résumé s and you may have several versions, depending on where you are in the hiring process and/or what types of jobs you will be seeking. Before starting your résumé , though, you will want to identify your strengths, skills, and abilities. Continue reading
Many of the un- and under-employed are missing job search basics. The marketplace has undergone tremendous change recently and most job seekers are just not doing what they need to do to find a job. In short, they continue to apply old techniques to a new job market. Continue reading
So if you can, find yourself a space where you can focus on the task at hand and you will be more successful over the long haul.
Whether you are writing a book, article, thesis, letter, or a resume, the same basic rule applies: Write for your audience (in this case, recruiters, hiring managers and your future boss). In the world of resume writing, that translates to two things.
An article published earlier this month showed that more than half of recent graduates from college did not receive a job offer prior to graduation, regardless of their undergraduate major. September 2010 data showed that the average length of unemployment was more than eight months. Scary statistics such as these have left many wondering if now is a good time to return to school. Continue reading